Our three’s enjoy spacious classrooms that promote their independent abilities. Each day, your child will engage in various hands-on activities. They will explore, inquire and discover solutions while working alone, with a friend or in small groups. We encourage their individual ideas to create their own exciting games, make believe stories, and art projects.
Three-year-olds are full of curiosity and spend a great deal of time observing the world around them. Our program uses this opportunity to focus on academic readiness skills.
Children learn to recognize an expanded range of shapes and numbers. In addition, techniques are used to enhance the child’s ability to associate groups of letters with spoken words, and children are encouraged to tell stories through figures and symbols.
Teachers stimulate the child’s understanding of cause and effect and inquisitiveness through activities that present real-world situations. Age-appropriate, interactive learning areas are available for the children to explore and learn as they play. Support and involvement of parents are is encouraged through daily progress reports.
THREE YEAR OLDS
Development/ Emergent Literacy
|• Answers simple questions about a story, rhyme, or song
• Communicates through scribbling
• Speaks in longer sentences
|• Can count to 10 and beyond
• Learns patterns and series of objects
• Knows written numbers represent quantity
Learning About the World/Science
|• Uses objects in a variety of ways
• Can notice differences in results
• Uses tools and measuring devices to explore
Social & Emotional Development
|• Eager to help with chores
• Begins to cooperate with others
• Increased ability to follow rules
Approaches to Learning
|• Makes independent choices
• Becomes more imaginative and inventive
• Participates in a wider variety of experiences
Physical & Health Development
|• Increased coordination to use scissors, hole punch
• Increasing strength and stamina
• Points to body parts on self when named